Use Sublimation Printing to Help Scale Your DIY Crafting Hobby or Business
There is not much more satisfying than making something with your own hands and then using it in your day to day. The reason why so many DIY crafters enjoy using sublimation printing is because you can create multiple products very fast at high quality.
Mugs, shirts, sweatshirts, phone cases are all great options for those trying to create crafts at scale. The best products are typically able to be flat and pressed for instance so items like hats, backpacks and plastic water bottles would be a struggle!
Crafting is a fun and fulfilling hobby for many people, and with the rise of DIY culture, more and more people are looking to expand their crafting horizons. One way to do this is by exploring new techniques and materials, and sublimation printing is a great option for those looking to take their crafting to the next level. In this article, we’ll explore what sublimation printing is and why it’s the best option for people who are looking to expand their crafting hobby.
What is Sublimation Printing?
Okay let’s start first with a breakdown of what sublimation printing actually is. Sublimation is a process where heat and pressure are used to transfer a design onto a substrate, such as fabric or metal. The design is first printed onto special sublimation paper using a dye-sublimation printer, and then transferred onto the substrate using a heat press. The result is a vibrant and durable print that won’t fade, crack, or peel over time.
Why is Sublimation Printing the Best Option for Crafting?
There are several reasons why sublimation printing is the best option for people who are looking to expand their crafting hobby:
- Versatility, There are a TON of materials you can sublimation print onto: this crafting method can be used on a wide variety of substrates, including fabrics, metals, ceramics, and more. This means that you can create a wide range of items, from t-shirts and mugs to phone cases and mousepads.
- Vibrant Colors, make products that truly stand out: Printing this way will produce bright, vivid colors that won’t fade or wash out over time which solves for many crafting concerns of longevity of a product. We have all put a ton of time into a craft only to see is dissemble or have colors ruined after a few uses.
- Durability, make crafts that last longer and don’t get ruined in the wash: By using heat and specific ink styles, you are able to create long lasting products that can be shared by future family generations. Unlike other printing methods, sublimation prints won’t crack or peel over time, making them ideal for items that will be used frequently or washed regularly.
- Customization, turn a Dollar Store item into your favorite clothes: you can truly turn any item into something unique to you that shows your personality and interests. You can grab cheap print on items to test or use for the entire collection at discount stores around you too!
- Easy to Use, start making products immediately: even though sublimation printers can sometime be difficult to setup initially, you can be ready go very quickly and have products complete. Remember one of the biggest benefits of sublimation printing in the first place is the speed you are able to make products.
Continue to consider using sublimation printing as a way to expand your already growing crafting hobby/business so that you can make MORE products FASTER.